Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Doubt about nmap -sP

From: Barry Dragoon <barry.dragoon () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 06:21:58 -0800

I too am new to nap and have seen this exact same phenomena.  Does it have
anything to do with the speed with which the scan is performed?

Respectfully,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Sundhar <sundhar.i14 () iiits in> wrote:

hi all,
             I am new to nmap. I faced a problem while learning, I scanned
my home network with nmap -sP 192.168.225.1/24 the result included my
laptop and the gateway but it did not contain my two android phones.so, I
performed the scan again. This time the result  included all the devices.
After seeing this I tried scanning for few more times and I realized that
sometimes the scan is listing all devices and sometimes it isn't. (did not
contain the 2 android phones). can anyone tell me what might be the reason?

Thanks