Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: new dependency in 5.61TEST4

From: 'David Fifield' <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:29:25 -0800

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 01:29:45PM -0000, Rob Nicholls wrote:
I haven't had time to look into this properly, but I had issues compiling
nmap-update on Windows with Visual C++ 2010 because of the subversion
includes. IIRC I downloaded the subversion source and manually added the
include path in VC++, but then hit issues as subversion then looks for apr.h
that wasn't present (and the source I grabbed for apr didn't appear to have
apr.h). Do we need to provide some additional third party files to SVN or
list some extra dependencies for the Windows build?

It's kind of hard to build the Subversion dependencies but the process
is documented in /nmap/nmap-update/README. There are also prebuilt
libraries under nmap-private-dev, which the build process will find
automatically if your nmap-private-dev checkout is next to your nmap
checkout.

The Debug and Release build configurations don't build nmap-update for
this reason, because as far as I know there isn't a way to test for the
presence of the libraries at build time.

David Fifield