Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: new dependency in 5.61TEST4

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 22:00:17 -0800

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 09:52:22AM -0600, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
Based on the release notes in Fyodor's email, I thought nmap-update
would only be available to certain users.

[quote]
o Nmap now includes a nmap-update program for obtaining the latest
 updates (new scripts, OS fingerprints, etc.)  The system is
 currently only available to a few developers for testing, but we
 hope to enable a larger set of beta testers soon. [David]
[/quote]

I didn't realize it was included for everyone but just not functional
unless you had an account.

That explains the new dependency though.

Oops, the new dependency is intentional, but it was a little messed up.
The package shouldn't depend on subversion-devel, but on subversion,
because it only needs the runtime libraries. subversion-devel is only
required for building the RPM (and it automatically checked for like
other libraries when building from source). I just made the change in
the RPM spec file.

David Fifield