Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nselib-bin

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 00:02:24 -0600

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 11:55:24PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 12:02:29PM +0100, jah wrote:
What's happening with nselib-bin?  I ask because I see it's now static
linked, and I'm seeing some build and runtime errors because of this change.

Specifically, mswin32/Release/nselib-bin (created by a post build event
in nse_bitlib.vcproj) is referenced in mswin32/makefile and because it
doesn't exist, halts the build.
Next, mswin32/nsi/nmap.nsi references nselib-bin and fails when it's not
present.
During script execution:
SCRIPT ENGINE: error while initializing Lua State:
'nselib-bin/' not a directory

Thanks for these reports. We were keeping the directory around while we
made sure the static linking worked, but it's gone now (I just removed
it).

And another thing: I removed the section on creating C modules from
docs/scripting.xml. However then I reflected that such a section on
making static modules could be useful.

You can see the contents of the deleted section with
        svn diff -c 9973 docs/scripting.xml
or
        svn update -r 9972 docs/scripting.xml
        (grep for "nse-implementation-c-modules")
Can anyone recommend changes to that section that would make it relevant
to the current module situation?

David Fifield