Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Error building nmap on amd64

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:02:29 +0100

Hello,

What's happening with nselib-bin?  I ask because I see it's now static
linked, and I'm seeing some build and runtime errors because of this change.

Specifically, mswin32/Release/nselib-bin (created by a post build event
in nse_bitlib.vcproj) is referenced in mswin32/makefile and because it
doesn't exist, halts the build.
Next, mswin32/nsi/nmap.nsi references nselib-bin and fails when it's not
present.
During script execution:
SCRIPT ENGINE: error while initializing Lua State:
'nselib-bin/' not a directory

Is this directory being retired from use (in which case there are
references to it in several places which need tidying up) or is the
intention to keep it even though not in use at the moment (in which case
we need to ensure that windows (possibly others too) builds create the
directory for the installer/packages to avoid some runtime errors)?

Regards,

jah