Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] OpenSSL and Windows

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:04:21 -0800

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 02:38:39PM -0600, Thomas Buchanan wrote:

Anyway, glad to hear somebody else is finding this useful.  I rather
enjoy having the SSL support on Windows, as several scripts that I use
regularly benefit from it.

Thanks for your efforts!  I agree that OpenSSL would be great on
Windows.  The main downside I see is that we would have to ship the
OpenSSL DLLs or installer.  Can you give us an idea of how large they
are?  Also, is anyone interested in making a patch to enable this in
the Nmap Windows build system?  It would have to patch the MS Visual C
project files, plus the Nmap NSIS and probably the mswin32/Makefile
too.

Please don't include the DLL files (or OpenSSL installer or whatever)
as part of the patch.  Just tell me where to download those and where
to place them so that the new installer/project finds them.

If this does not increase the Nmap Windows installer size too
dramatically, I would like to have the functionality.

Cheers,
-F