Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] OpenSSL and Windows

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 23:34:40 -0600

On Jan 7, 2008 3:30 PM, Thomas Buchanan <> wrote:
jah wrote:
What's the current state of play with OpenSSL and nmap for mswin32?
Does it work?  Is it in use?  How can I check?  Is there anything that
doesn't work if nmap is not compiled with it?

Regards,

jah

Hello,

Here are some rough instructions that I came up with over the weekend
for enabling OpenSSL in Nmap on Windows.  Hope they help.

Instructions cut to save space.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

Thomas

Your instructions are awesome.  Now for Windows I have the official
nmap.exe and my own compiled nmap-ssl.exe.

I wasn't able to get it working with the OpenSSL from GnuWin32
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/).  It's still version 0.9.7.c
anyway, so I'd rather use the one you recommend.

Do you have any experience with compiling nmap against GnuWin32's
OpenSSL on Windows?

Just curious since I already had that one installed and had to
download and install the one you use in addition.

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  Reading this email message requires root privileges which you
do not appear to possess. Sorry, dude.