nanog mailing list archives

Re: jon postel

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:57:59 -0600

On 10/16/22 8:28 PM, Joseph wrote:
A good book on the topic of the early internet is "Where Wizards Stay Up Late" by Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon. A large part of the book covers happenings at Bolt Beranek and Newman, and there are plenty of mentions of Jon Postel.

+1 (with an extremely large value of one)

I have (re)read Where Wizards Stay Up Late /and/ recommended it to many people many different times.

In my not so humble opinion, Where Wizards Stay Up Late should be required reading for anyone wanting to learn about the history / development of the ARPAnet and the Internet.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die