nanog mailing list archives

Re: jon postel

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 16:09:20 -0700

On 10/16/22 15:55, Nathan Angelacos wrote:

I got on the "interwebs" just before Al Gore invented the internet (no
political statement, just that is the way it was back then.)   15 3.5"
floppy disks, a 33Mhz 486, slackware, (and a really reliable USRobotics
modem.)

About the same time for me, may have been a 286. I remember fiddling with init strings and Trumpet Winsock.

It wasn't really the interWEBs then. The web was a small part of the experience for me. USENET, email, FTP, Archie, gopher with a splash of www for flavor.

--
Jay Hennigan - jay () west net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880