nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

From: scott <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:20:02 -1000

On 3/22/2021 4:00 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
The migration happened just a month or two ago. Are we talking about the same thing?

TBH, most discussion in the WISP space has moved to Facebook. The busy WISPA mailing lists used to get about 20k messages per year. When I last checked, they were down to 5k or so and on a downward trend. Meanwhile, the Facebook groups have exploded, both in members per group and the number of groups.

Please tell me you're not suggesting that to be able to participate in NANOG a person must move to FB.  I would get banned from NANOG for saying what I think about that...

scott