nanog mailing list archives

Re: sfps from fs dot com

From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:54:27 +0200

It boils down to a business case.

In my travels we see a high failure rate -- higher than I'd like to see --, but $boss likes the price, and, as Jason pointed out below, for the price, it can be a "successful" business model.

In a nutshell:

For someone on a budget, they're great; buy spares.

For someone who doesn't want to deal with outages, call-volume, hands tickets, truck-rolls, and has money to burn, there are better alternatives.