nanog mailing list archives

Re: sfps from fs dot com

From: Nikolas Geyer <nik () neko id au>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 22:20:50 +0000

Another vote for Approved here, awesome group of people and very thorough in their testing and fault analysis. We buy
from them for Juniper, Ciena, Mellanox, Intel and a bunch of other random stuff.

I’ve had mixed results with FS. Some stuff works fine, others we have high failure rates on longer term after 18 months
give or take a little bit. The failed units typically come from interfaces that run at very high utilization levels
24x7 but have never done any more correlation than that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2019, at 11:44 AM, Carl Peterson <carl-lists () portnetworks com<mailto:carl-lists () portnetworks com>>