nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question about normal ops - BGP Flaps nightly

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:21:05 +0800

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 2:01 AM Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 19:44, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com> wrote:

A BGP reset can cause routing trouble for as much as 15 minutes. Since you have two sessions that mitigates the
problem somewhat. But nevertheless this will not be acceptable.

As there are best path algorithms which consider route age, BGP reset
impact may be indefinite.

fortunately we have a second actual provider... so this all isn't
super impacting to us, just weird and unexpected on my part.

--
  ++ytti