nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Experiment

From: Aled Morris via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:01:45 +0000

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 17:58, Naslund, Steve <SNaslund () medline com> wrote:

I hope you are as critical of your hardware vendor that cannot accept BGP4
compliant attributes or have you just not updated your code?  You can black
hole anything you want but as long as the “Internet” is sending you an RFC
compliant BGP you better be able to handle it.

I'd go further and say that as long as you're connected to the Internet,
your equipment better be resilient when receiving packets with any
combination of bits set, RFC compliant or not.

Aled