nanog mailing list archives

Re: Starting to Drop Invalids for Customers

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:31:06 -0300

RPKI ROAs (compared to IRR objects) carry different meaning: the existence
of a ROA (both by definition and common implementation) supersedes other
data sources (IRR, LOAs, or comments in whois records, etc), and as such
can be used on any type of EBGP session for validation of the received
Internet routing information.

Which brings me to my favorite possible RPKI-IRR integration: a ROA that
says that IRR objects on IRR source x with maintainer Y are authoritative
for a given number resource. Kinda like SPF for BGP.

Rubens