nanog mailing list archives

Re: Proving Gig Speed

From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 21:54:21 +0200

* nanog () radu-adrian feurdean net (Radu-Adrian Feurdean) [Sun 22 Jul 2018, 13:27 CEST]:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, at 15:45, Mike Hammett wrote:
Fast.com will pull from multiple nodes at the same time. I think there

Here in Europe, fast.com consistently proven to be 100% UNreliable, especially on high-speed FTTH. OOKla and nPerf gave better results for high-speed connections 100% of the time.

It has a tendency to download over IPv6 from New York, which, while still fast enough for HD movie streaming, doesn't give a good indication of line speed. (I have native IPv6 here, no tunnels.)

        -- Niels.