nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 11:23:35 -0400

Mark,

That would be bad.

At least in my case.

My addresses (192.159.10.0/24, 192.124.40.0/23, 2620:0:930::/48) are not from a known residential ISP or mobile ISP.

However, they are within my household and nowhere else. There’s no valid reason for Netflix to block them. They are not
a server or proxy host.
They are not being used to subvert geo-fencing. They’re just my home addresses that I have had for many years and use
in order to have
stable addressing across provider changes.

Owen