nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer Notification System.

From: acv <acv () miniguru ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:46:30 -0500

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 08:34:49AM -0800, JC Dill wrote:

99.999% of the time there is absolutely no benefit in the attachment.
But by pushing customers to open attachments to get the content we are
encouraging them to be complacent about opening all attachments, and
that's a great way to end up getting infected with malware.

I agree whole heartedly. If the Marketing/Sales folks are stuck up on branding,
I'd explore sending a MIME multipart/alternative with branded HTML and a
plain text version with no degradation of actual content. And keep the whole
thing under 25-30KB total. Creating them is pretty easy with perl MIME::Lite.

Alex