nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer Notification System.

From: Adam Rothschild <asr () latency net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:39:13 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM, James Wininger <jwininger () ifncom net> wrote:
We are a smaller ISP in Indiana. We are growing quite rapidly (yeah for
us). We have a need for a customer notification system. We have simply
out grown the ability to send emails to our customers manually. We need
to have a better way of notifying our customers of maintenance etc.

Seconding the earlier recommendation, mailchimp is a great tool.  Good
interface aside, there is strong operational benefit to being able to
issue notices completely "out of band".

We would need to send notifications out to say about 400 customers.
Ideally the system would send an attached PDF [...]

If you're going to do this, please be sure to send a copy of the
notice inline as plain text too.  Your customers on smartphones, using
assistive technology, or automatically piping vendor notices into
calendaring/ticketing systems will thank you.  :-)

HTH,
-a