nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper M120 Alternatives

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:24:24 -0600

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
They've definitely been improving it over the years though, so much that
I almost never trigger a session reset on me unintentionally any more.

They must have. This was new to me and came as a shock. I don't think I've ever seen my m120 behave any different than my cisco when it comes to flapping BGP. Things have just worked as I expected them to. Not that I go screwing with underlying interface configs or changing a peer from one group to another or changing the asn; at least not on a live session. These things would seem to indicate that the session might be subject to reset.

Perhaps it just behaves for normal users and not power users. :)

Jack