nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:18:56 -0400

In a message written on Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:17:02AM -0600, Luke Marrott wrote:
I read an article on DSL Reports the other day (
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/FCC-Please-Define-Broadband-104056), in
which the FCC has a document requesting feedback on the definition of
Broadband.

What are your thoughts on what the definition of Broadband should be going
forward? I would assume this will be the standard definition for a number of
years to come.

I'm not sure the defintion of Broadband matters, what matters is that we
keep moving forward.

We should set a goal of all American's having a speed twice as fast in 5
years.  And after that twice as fast again in another 5 years.

There is no bar we reach where we are "done".

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440