nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fiber cut in SF area

From: Roger Marquis <marquis () roble com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Jorge Amodio wrote:
s/DARPA/ARPA/; s/BBM/BBN/; s/Internet/ARPAnet/.

/DARPA/ARPA/ may be splitting hairs.  According to

  http://www.livinginternet.com/i/ii_roberts.htm

"DARPA head Charlie Hertzfeld promised IPTO Director Bob Taylor a million
dollars to build a distributed communications network".

And apologies WRT /BBM/BBN/.  Guess it was really has been a while now
(given the 4 and 5 figure checks to BBN I signed back in the day).