nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 21:09:02 +0100

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:17:24 -0700
 prue () ISI EDU wrote:

This is not good.

The third hand story I got from their hotline was that a core route crashed
causing other core routers to crash.  This doesn't explain anything to me.
Are they using Ascend Giga routers in their core?

As someone who uses GRFs I'd like to point out that it must have
been operator/configuration error that caused this and _not_
some bug in Ascend code, don't blame the router as it has
all the filtering capabilities a Cisco has.

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil () DOMINO ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)