nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NIC-960209.1757] Routing Problem (fwd)

From: "Alan B. Clegg" <abc () gateway com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:41:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Paul Ferguson wrote:

[How to get a block]

Creating a consortium [akin to the NAP model] of small ISP's could
easily resolve this problem, if all address space allocated to each
ISP was contiguous and could be aggregated to a larger prefix.

But, this would require working with your direct competition in your
local geographic area.

Ain't gonna happen.

No way, No How.

The whole point of getting the bigger address space is to be better than
your competition (multi-homed, etc etc.)

(not that I don't *WANT* it to happen, it just isn't going to.)

-abc
                                      \             Alan B. Clegg
         Just because I can            \            Internet Staff
        does not mean I will.           \          gateway.com, inc.
                                         \     <http://www.gateway.com/>