Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: 85.85.85.85 weirdness

From: jmain () NFR NET (Jud)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:38:29 -0400

To our best knowledge, some Xircom PCMCIA cards and
perhaps some other pcmcia card spit out these weird packets
occasionally.

My own Micron laptop with a xircom pcmcia card has spit
out these packets for no apparent reason; however, this does
not mean that it is the only hardware in existence that spits
these packets out.

Jud.