Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 38293

From: Talisker () NETWORKINTRUSION CO UK (Talisker)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 19:51:58 +0100

Tim
I didnt find much however, the following link may indicate that you are not
alone http://www.moongroup.com/Redhat10/msg00754.html
I have included a small page dedicated to identifying these ports on my
website at www.networkintrusion.co.uk   basically what applications are
running on these boxes, have you considered a protocol analyser, a knocked
down version of netmon comes with NT Server if you have SMS then you get a
full blown copy of netmon.

Take Care

Andy

                    '''
                 (0 0)
  | The geek shall        |
  |  Inherit the earth     |
               |__|__|
                  || ||
              ooO Ooo

The opinions contained within this transmission are entirely my own, and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.