Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Source of attack: Russian nuclear facility?

From: "J. Oquendo" <intrusion () ENGINEER COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:22:53 -0400

Gathering info for contacting someone is as simple as browsing their site or doing a WHOIS lookup. Since you mentioned
warez listed on their ftp server chances are someone rooted the machine and is now using it as a gateway. Is there data
coming through thru their domain or it is something more trivial such as someone spoofing packets? HTTP requests? FTP
requests?... What exactly is it thats happening...

JSC Elecs, Kaluga (OBNINSK-DOM)
38, Teatralnaya st.
Kaluga, 248600
RU

Domain Name: OBNINSK.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:

Kartashev, Igor I  (IIK)  ikar () KALUGA ROSMAIL COM
JSC Elecs
38, Teatralnaya st.,
Kaluga
248600
RU
+7 084 253 1116 (FAX) +7 084 224 2016
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

Merdin, Paul A  (PAM27)  mrd () KALUGA ROSMAIL COM
JSC Elecs, Kaluga
38, Teatralnaya str.
Kaluga
248600
RU
+7 084 2 531258 (FAX) +7 084 22 42016

Record last updated on 27-May-2000.
Record expires on 07-Jun-2001.
Record created on 06-Jun-1997.
Database last updated on 6-Aug-2000 22:03:39 EDT.