Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Source of attack: Russian nuclear facility?

From: WebFusion System Administrator <graeme.f () WEBFUSION CO UK>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:03:21 +0100

Doug Winter wrote:
Apologies for the slightly parochial question, but I've been trying to
find
out who to contact in the UK for incident response.

Good question. JANET have a link on the JANET-CERT page

however the EuroCERT project ended on 15th Sept 1999, presumably due to
lack of funding.

Basically in the UK if you're on an academic network, a government
network or you're using a British Telecom service you're alright. Anyone
else, presumably, please contact your ISP. Or the Police, who in my
experience have no idea what to do anyway.

I pretty much grit my teeth and complain like fury to ISPs, hosting
companies or other upstream providers when I have questions regarding
problems sourced in the UK. Most of the time that gets a result, just
not always.

Anyone else from the UK care to comment?

Best Wishes,

Graeme Fowler
Systems Administrator
graeme.f () webfusion co uk