funsec mailing list archives

Re: Disturbed anti-war protester can't find soldier, kills civilian with axe instead

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:24:08 -0800

Date sent:              Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:17:39 -0400
From:                   Don Blumenthal <dmblumenthal () gmail com>

As for DC, the effectiveness of firearms laws depends in part on
accessibility. It would be interesting to see the numbers if Virginia
(my old home) didn't have one of the weakest sets of gun controls in
the US.

When teaching in Virginia, I travelled several times into DC (by both car and
Metro), and not once was I searched for, or even asked about, carrying weapons.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
A man said to the Universe: `Sir, I exist!'
`However,' replied the Universe,
the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.
                                                     - Stephen Crane
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm