funsec mailing list archives

Re: Disturbed anti-war protester can't find soldier, kills civilian with axe instead

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

Crime, in general, most closely correlates with poverty.  Another
important factor is demographics.  Many crimes are committed by males
between the ages of 15 and 25.

This Web site does a nice job of providing statistics down to the Zip code
and/or city levels for demographics, income, crime, etc.:

     http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/index.htm

An interesting comparison to make is Brookline, MA (Zip Code 02446) vs.
Mattapan, MA (AKA, "Murderpan", Zip code 02126).  These two cities are
only a few miles apart.

Richard