funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: "Oliver Schneider" <Borbarad () gmxpro net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:53:25 +0200

Hunting is the gathering of food. Sport/Entertainment should probably
be grouped together, I suppose, but there are so many shooting
sports... and collecting can be considered entertainment as well.
Okay, point taken.

Only one partial objection in cases where the "sports" is to train for killing.

So your country's soldiers are murderers?
Yes, if they kill. But I am not a citizen of Iceland and in any case it's not limited to my country, for that matter.
There is no license to kill - for no one and from no one.

If you come home and find a man brutally beating and raping your
daughter, and you hit him over the head with a club of some sort -
killing him - you're a murderer?
Depends. Self defense is a touchy topic, but when defense becomes revenge, rather than simple defense, yes, then it is
murder (although it will be hard to prove if someone goes "over the top" in such a situation).

How do you "change people" exactly?
If I had the answer, I wouldn't pose it as a question. But I understand myself as a scientist, so I search for answers,
rather than giving up and live with the (cruel) alternative.

No, direct response to your question. You want to "change" people so
that they don't use firearms to kill one another - what is it that you
want them to kill each other with?
I don't want them to kill each other at all?! Oh wait, in response to your previous message that would mean we'd have
to get rid of the motive. Now how could we achieve that ...

Of course it is, wait for the next ice age...
True. But until then we "benefit" from global warming ...

// Oliver