funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors Please Stand Up?

From: "Brian Azzopardi" <brian () gfi com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:11:29 +0200

... burn his hand on the hot barrel to wonder just how smart they
are.

For all we know, they may think they can use the phone for mere
seconds and not get detected..

The real damage to us all is telling the terrorist something they may
have not considered previously

Ah, security through stupidity, or, terrorists are dumb so the US is ok
and the press shouldn't reveal what every spy/infiltrator learns in
Spying 101.

Have you ever considered that maybe terrorists don't have to be
particularly devious to outsmart the US security establishment?
Turf-wars, organisational lethargy and other institutional failings make
life simple for terrorists, including the tactically dumb ones.

Brian