funsec mailing list archives

RE: Iraq and 9/11

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:58:25 -0500

But I do have trouble understanding the link between
Iraq and the WTC attack, and maybe this link is likewise
difficult to see for other people?

To understand the connection between Iraq and 9/11, I highly recommend this
book which was originally published before 9/11:

   The War Against America: Saddam Hussein and the
   World Trade Center Attacks: A Study of Revenge
   by Laurie Mylroie
   http://tinyurl.com/h7p2h

I believe that this book gets it all wrong, but it is useful for
understanding the motivations of the crowd that wanted to get rid of Saddam.

Here's a bit more background:

  Armchair Provocateur
  http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2003/0312.bergen.html

Richard