Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: The Hacker's Manifesto Reloaded

From: "Sean Crawford" <sean01 () accnet com au>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 23:14:52 +1000

--->
---> Mr Entrepreneur,
--->    May I call you 'da_'
--->
---> Are you trying to be ironic (sorry you appear to be American)
---> by assaulting
---> the so called regurgitated security seminars packaged as courses, by
---> mutilating what was (and is) a seminal piece of thought
---> published by the
---> Mentor when you were still in nappies (or are they diapers)?
--->
---> Is this a subtle troll to start us all off again on the useless and
---> bandwidth wasting arguments between Bill Gates Buddies and
---> Unix Zealots?
---> Could your time be better spent developing understanding both
---> within and
---> without regarding the true state of the security surface, rather than
---> regaling us with the IT boy band equivalent of a cover version
---> (same tune,
---> same sort of words, but only pre-pubescent girls are swooning
---> with rapturous
---> delight at your polysyllabic verbosity).
--->
---> The Hackers Manifesto, Reloaded.  Yeah, with blanks!
--->
---> Please save your bragging for your ICQ buddies
--->
---> Apologies to the rest of the list for cluttering the space and
---> raising the
---> noise surface.

Very succinct statement indeed.....

However I will add my own opinion here  ---->  'Hacker' thanks to the media
has become a rather negative title.
A 'Hacker' in my own humble opinion doesn't have to be a villain...forget
the white hat and Black comparison.
Anyone in the field of exploring the possible flaws in an OS or app could be
called a hacker by the media.
Anyone that takes this knowledge and abuses it for profit ,they are a plain
and simple arsehole criminal...not a hacker.
I have a mate who plays golf rather badly....he call's himself a
hacker...and rightly so....
Call me pedantic!.....no worries.....but I still enjoy having a hack....plus
I'm no crook and don't wear any colour of virtual hat.

Just my shekel's worth.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html