Full Disclosure mailing list archives

OT: The Tel Aviv University Security Forum - next Sunday (12/09)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:55:58 +0200

The Security Forum, hosted by the Tel Aviv University, started when a few of us talked about there being an (almost) complete lack of professional and social events on security in Israel which are not completely commercial and about "sticking products down out throats".

We decided to do instead of complain, and here we are.

In previous meetings we had around a hundred arrivals, varying from soldiers and students, through programmers and government CSO's, all the way to CEO's and CTO's of different companies.

The third (non-commercial!) forum meeting will take place on Sunday, the 12th of September at the Tel Aviv University.

We have learned from past mistakes, and starting this month we will specify the exact level of every lecture.

Other innovations this month:
- We are moving to Lev Auditorium (250 seats - see link to a map below).
- Cold and hot drinks will be freely available.

Schedule:
18:00: IDS - Ariel Cohen, CEO, Sela Systems.
The lecture will include a discussion on these systems, how they work and the need for them as well as a review of these systems today.
The second part of the lecture will be of a more advanced level.

19:40: Guided discussion on Real-time Polymorphic Shellcode
Detection - Evgeny Pinchuk.
Advanced and technological lecture. The event will start with a 10 minutes lecture on the subject, and continue with an open forum discussion.

Between the lectures and during the break, time will be given for networking and open conversation between the participants.

Attendance is free.

You can find further information on these lectures, past lectures presentations and future planned lectures on our web page:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec

For a map of the university:
http://www2.tau.ac.il/map/unimapl1.asp
(You can find "Lev Auditorium" on the second table at the header of the
page - "Ulamot").

Also, please note that due to this being vacation time, after 18:00 only
gates 4 and 8 are open.

Although this isn't a requirement, please approve your arrival so that we can prepare properly with the drinks:
ge () linuxbox org or 050-428610.

Pass the word to other people! :)

Have a great weekend,

    Gadi Evron.

--
Email: ge () linuxbox org. Backup: ge () warp mx dk.
Phone: +972-50-428610 (Cell).

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html