Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Anti-MS drivel

From: ken <ken () spinlink com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:48:30 +0000

Mary Landesman wrote:

There is absolutely nothing I can do to secure my home from break-in. I can
minimize the risks, but I cannot alleviate the risk entirely. However, we
don't blame the builders when a home invasion occurs. We rightfully blame
the burglar.

The blame goes to the crackers and virus writers.

Please. Analogies are for the weak of mind, and for trying to confuse
the true issues at hand. Being that this is a technical list, how
about constraining arguments to the relevant subject. It is reasonable
to assume that anyone subscribed to this list can understand the
discussion in native terms. I don't think tired analogies about
burglars and virus writes help to clarify anything.

Put simply:
'Some kid tweaking Nimbda' != 'Burglar breaking into houses'

No matter how many times you hear it repeated.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html