Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Anti-MS drivel

From: Dave Sherohman <esper () sherohman org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:01:09 -0600

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:12:46PM -0500, Mary Landesman wrote:
On  January 20, 2004 11:55 AM, "Tobias Weisserth" claimed:
And the blame goes on MS for this. Nobody else.

There is absolutely nothing I can do to secure my home from break-in. I can
minimize the risks, but I cannot alleviate the risk entirely. However, we
don't blame the builders when a home invasion occurs. We rightfully blame
the burglar.

If a builder sold you a home with no locks on the doors and no
latches on the windows, I suspect that he could be successfully sued
in the modern "blame everyone in sight" environment of the U.S.  And,
unlike a number of other cases, I would agree with that, on the basis
that (unless the home was in an extremely remote location) the
builder was intolerably negligent to omit those locks and latches.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html