Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Professional Groups

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:35:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Matt Burnett wrote:
Forgot to include this in my previous post. I am personally wondering if
thoses tech jobs going overseas will come back.  Im not sure if it has been
discussed on this list, but what about the quality of the software written
overseas? We all know that American made software typically has a few
security issues, but what of software made overseas? Are we going to see
exploits come out on a obsecene basis. Could this result in jobs coming back
to the US? Also we have seen a few jobs come back, take Dell's Enterprise
Tech Support as a example, tons of people with money complained to Dell and
now we have a few more jobs back. What if we all started to complain about
the quality of products (even if there isn't a problem), and threaten to
switch vendors?

<sarcasm>

I am personally wondering which "overseas" you're referring to.  Could
you be suggesting that jobs might be going "ovenseas" to the United
States? That sounds absolutely terrible! What sort of an impact will
that have locally?!? Jobs lost, wages cut - and you know the sort of
shoddy quality that you get from companies in the US, too...

Great suggestion, though - let's all complain about how the United States
is trying to steal our jobs, and force lousy products on us, and threaten
to switch vendors...

</sarcasm>

For crying out loud, can't you get it through your head that you're
posting to an -international- forum, which includes a goodly number of
people and posters that -aren't- in the United States, and find your
blatant presumptions naive and ill thought out, at best?

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html