Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () nuclearelephant com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:47:59 -0500

Well, I can pretty much tell you that most windows users are "newbies" and if
we're going to wrestle market share, thats what we need.

#5 is a huge requirement, that mandrake doesn't meet...and yes I believe
it's an extremely important requirement because if developers and
sysadmins aren't going to run Mandrake, it won't receive the support it
needs from the community to become a standard (and a standard is one
reason nobody is switching from Windows to Linux).  I'm not so concerned
that it has all kinds of graphical management tools, but these tools
appear to be somewhat proprietary making it difficult (if not impossible
in some cases) to manage them via commandline if the user wanted to.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html