Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning

From: Chris Smith <chris.rs () xtra co nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:03:09 +1300

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 11:58, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:
1. A simple, graphical setup
2. Out-of-the-box support for a wide range of hardware
3. Post-installation tools for configuring printers, users, etcetera
4. A graphical, easy-to-use patch system
5. Simple, yet standardized enough to be used by savvy Linux users

As far as I can see, Mandrake fills all these dependancies, yet you blow it
off as a "newbie" distro.

Well, I can pretty much tell you that most windows users are "newbies" and if
we're going to wrestle market share, thats what we need.

Cheers,
Chris.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html