IDS mailing list archives

Re: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:51:42 -0600

Hmmmmm, been wanting to ask this for a while now.  I understand you
guy's use public key encryption to encrypt the private key of the SSL
certificates so that you may inspect SSL encrypted traffic sent to web
servers you are trying to defend with the IntruShield product.  Are
these keys decrypted and then stored in memory on your device?  If so,
do you think that is safe?

Regards,

Will

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:41:46 -0800 (PST), Peter Schawacker