Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewalls that generate new packets..

From: Dave Piscitello <dave () corecom com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:20:50 -0500

I believe this goes into the "proxies rawk" folder alongside my posts.

I really would like to see a thorough analysis of the performance of an application layer policy enforcement using strictly stateful inspection techniques versus the same policy enforced using strictly proxy techniques. I am not certain this could be done using any COTS firewalls today b/c the implementations have blurred the distinctions (my opinion). But perhaps that's good b/c people are paying less attention to the rhetoric and posturing than they did 10 years ago.

Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
Hello,