Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Tina Bird" <tbird () precision-guesswork com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:18:32 -0700

Well, statistics would probably bear him out.  Anna
Kournikova was big
enough and fast enough that it *should* have been all the
wake-up call we
needed.  I remember talking to someone who recounted an end-user
experience-

Admin: "Why did you click on the virus, didn't you see all
the press coverage?"
User: "Yes, I wanted to see what it would do!"

**chuckles ruefully**

it isn't just end users who do that. while i was at counterpane, one of our
customers told us that s/he was glad they'd been compromised by nimda,
because it was exciting to be affected by something that got CNN coverage...

/me returns to pounding forehead with large rock