Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Hawkins, Michael" <MHawkins () TULLIB COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:06:00 -0400

Look what was said some time ago:

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger
may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility
of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come.
Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans
are preserved." -- Confucius

Ask yourself this question: Why did Confucius feel the need to say the
above? Was it because all people are constantly aware of existing and
new threats as they exist in and around their environment? Or was it
because Confucius knew that people were habitually forgetful entities
that quickly fall into the most hideous comatose states before a
repeated unwanted event wrenches them back to reality where they linger
only momentarily in their sorrow before falling back into the same
comatose life, happily cruising along into their next repeated
misadventure?

Mike Hawkins

Office: 212-208-3888

Mobile: 917-887-3614