Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Multiple firewalls from different manufactureres

From: MHawkins () TULLIB COM
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:00:09 -0500

Interesting, it just occurs to me that you could implement RFC's in
programmable logic arrays.

Then your firewall would be much less hackable. Indeed, you would have a
very strong security story if you could point to an appliance that had
anything above layer 3 deployed in programmable logic arrays.

I think the end point of that would be RFC on ASIC's.

Hmmmmmm...