Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: iso 17799

From: Frederick M Avolio <fred () avolio com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:04:17 -0400

Years ago Win Treese (Project Athena, DEC Cambridge Research Lab, Open Market, etc.) came to the following conclusion: "not only is all human knowledge on USENET, it's typed in every two weeks.

The information you ask for is out there. And it has been repeated multiple times. Having it in one repository only means it is one more place people will ignore. Seriously. Nothing Marcus said earlier in this thread was anything he and others hadn't said 10 years ago. No joke.

But, Dana, I have a suggestion. You can gather the answers together and publish them. I am not kidding. Books written by someone who has to actually deal with what they write about are terrific. (Don't take that to mean big sellers... I have personal experience in that area.) And finding someone to publish nowadays is really easy.