Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Botnets, IRC servers and firewalls?

From: Chris Blask <blask () protegonetworks com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:44:45 -0800

At 11:30 AM 2/4/2004 -0800, Jeremiah Cornelius wrote:
> From: "Chris Blask" <blask () protegonetworks com>
.d.

You had me at "Plato"...

A tad verbose, eh? My old friends can't *believe* that I effectively get paid to TALK! Some of them have, in fact, have tried to pay me to shut-the-heck-up in the past (with mixed success, I have to admit: there's always another topic ["Wanna talk Unifying Physics?"] :).

While I'm here, to forestall the inevitable flame:

o Producers, tell your Consumers about building and managing a secure and efficient network and they will often listen.

is more accurately stated:

o Producers, when you *effectively* tell your Consumers about building and managing a secure and efficient network they will often listen.

Don't ask me exactly how to tell them "effectively" (oh, heck, ask if you like), but you'll know it when it happens...

-chris