Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Generic Rules Digest Software

From: Tina Bird <tbird () precision-guesswork com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:22:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Lazl[ISO-8859-1] =F2 Carreidas) wrote:

Therefore, I am looking for a software that would allow me to:
  * feed the rules and objects from the firewalls
  * normalise these
  * return a list (or better, some kind of graphics) that would allow
the relevant people to understand what's going on.

Does somebody knows if such a software exist ?

Commercially, Lumeta [with whom I am not associated] have a product that
does something similar to what you're asking.

Looks like Lumeta's spun it off:

http://www.algosec.com/Products/

You want the Firewall Analyzer.  This blew the competition away in terms
of its presentation and traffic flow analysis, at least a year or so ago
when I last looked at the market space...

cheers -- tbird

--
Evil or not, it has been written. The moon must first become a penal
colony before it can become a libertarian paradise.

                                 -- Len Sassaman

http://www.precision-guesswork.com
Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com