Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Generic Rules Digest Software

From: "Volker Tanger" <volker.tanger () detewe de>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:33:06 +0100

Greetings!

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 06:32:09 -0500 LazloCarreidas () netscape net (Lazlò
Carreidas)) wrote:

My unit is currently managing a growing number of PIXes and
CheckPoints boxes...
[...]
Therefore, I am looking for a software that would allow me to:
  * feed the rules and objects from the firewalls
  * normalise these
  * return a list (or better, some kind of graphics) that would allow
  the relevant people to understand what's going on.

Depending on the exact needs have a look at the GPLed script FW1Rules.
For normalization across a number of FWs you may have success with a
custom template to print the rules into.
        http://www.wyae.de/software/fw1rules/

I currrently have no access to a PIX, thus I've not programmed a
comparable tool for PIXen (yet), only for CKP, Astaro and (outdated by
now) Raptor...

Bye

Volker Tanger
ITK-Security