Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Generic Rules Digest Software

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:48:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Lazl[ISO-8859-1] ? Carreidas) wrote:
"The management" has asked for a comprehensive list of rules of all the active firewalls in the Company.

Therefore, I am looking for a software that would allow me to:
  * feed the rules and objects from the firewalls
  * normalise these
  * return a list (or better, some kind of graphics) that would allow the relevant people to understand what's going
on.

For example:
  PIX NYCPix01: allow tcp 80 (www) from *ANY to host WebSrv01 (172.16.17.18)

Does somebody knows if such a software exist ?

Commercially, Lumeta [with whom I am not associated] have a product that
does something similar to what you're asking.

I'm not aware of any non-commercial alternatives, shy of rolling your
own.

cheers!